Saturday, December 9, 2017

Week 68 - Light the World

This was a festive week. We had the mission Christmas party, which was so special. We spent all day talking about Christ and lots of emotional, spiritual things during the morning. After that we had a break and started in on the gift exchange and games! I got that weird looking blue doll thing. I don’t know what it is or what it does and, to be honest, I think it ended up going home with someone else at the end of the day.
We played an awesome game on charades (sp?) and that was fun. I drew lots of interesting things like Spiderman and Otavalo during my turns but it was all funny and tons of fun. Elder Morton and I had a really good guessing connection going on.
Other photos have to do with the “Ilumina el mundo” campaign we are focusing on right now. We baked and frosted a bunch of cookies and then went to a bus station to pass them out and spread Christmas love. We had some really interesting conversations with all different kinds of people. While we were there, a bus rolled up at the red stoplight and we asked to board and share our cookies and a message with everyone. The bus driver said yes after taking a cookie for himself - it was all around awesome.
The new faces in my photos are Elder Aquino – a super cool guy from Paraguy – and Elder Welch from Tulcan who is back with me here now in the office! It is awesome. The girls and other two dudes are the rest of our district. The burgers were from the Chilean neighbor who lives above us. They were so good, oh my!
Today’s p-day activity was epic. We went to the Teleferico and hiked and explored all around the mountain. It’s an amazingly beautiful place and was a wonderful experience. For reference, Cayambe is taller which should give a pretty good reference about how tall it really is the day we went up there. We now want to go climb to the top of that mountain (Pichincha). After hiking we went to SUSHI!!! It was so good! I was really in denial about how much I had been longing for those flavors. I’ll be going to Japan within a few years if anyone wants to tag along. 
I love every day I’m having out here and I can’t express enough about how everything I’m doing has helped and purified me. I also love you all of course and hope that you’re all well. 
Much love,

Elder Ericksen
























No comments:

Post a Comment